How to create an eco-conscious skincare brand
Today, the environment is a key concern for consumers and any skincare private label must take good care to listen to these concerns and provide products that resonate with consumers values and demands.
Sustainability is a multi-faceted aspect that requires a brand or product to be considerate about more than one factor. From the product’s ingredients, formulation, production, packaging, shipping, to recycling, each step has scope to be sustainable in several ways.
The three pillars of sustainability are a useful concept to use when thinking about how you can make your cosmetic brand sustainable. Here are some ways in which they can relate to cosmetic businesses:
- Sustainable packaging
- Organic/sustainable ingredients
- Ethical and sustainable sourcing and production
- Energy efficiency
- Waste management
- Supporting Fairtrade initiatives
- Supporting local economies
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Giving back/charity partnerships
- Stimulating the economy
- Creating decent work opportunities and quality jobs with decent working conditions
- Protecting labour rights and promoting safe and secure working environments for all workers
- Gender equality: closing the global gender pay gap
Here at Natural Spa Factory, we incorporate sustainability principles into our practices at all levels, from supply chain to material selection. In line with our strong environmental concerns, we are always looking for new alternatives to chemical products such as colour by using natural pigments and gamma ray sterilisation.
Our main goal is to promote sustainable innovation and source FAIR TRADE where possible.